What do I love more than yoga and wellness? Yoga and wellness combined with travel and adventure. Check this page for updates on yoga, wellness, nature, and adventure retreats!
The Azores Islands, Portugal
Adventure to the Azores | February 18-25, 2018
The Portuguese Azores Islands are a magical, volcanic land, full of natural, raw beauty, a temperate climate and endless outdoor activities. They are located in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1,000 miles off the coast of Portugal! Truly an adventure lovers paradise, and under 5 hours from Boston.
Here's what you can expect:
Our journey will take us on hikes to some of the most incredible epic vistas on the island, soaks in natural hot springs, and exploration of neighboring towns and beaches. You'll also have free time for your own adventure or exploration. For those real outdoor enthusiasts, flights on SATA/Azores Airlines include a free piece of checked sporting gear - so you can take a surfboard or a bike along for free!
Every day will include one or two optional all-levels yoga classes led by Jen, including a daily morning flow and several evening yin & restorative slow flow classes. Jen's style is lighthearted, playful, and accessible for all levels. She's worked with students from first-timers to advanced yogis, and will modify to make sure your body feels good! She also loves to include fun Yoga Mixtapes in some of her classes, so bring your smile and your party pants.
Never tried yoga? It's a great time to get outside your comfort zone and try something new. Or just skip it and take some free time ~ this is your trip!
A Gorgeous Venue
There will also be plenty of time for relaxation amongst the beautiful orchards of Quinta Minuvida, our home for the week. Our accommodations feature lovingly renovated suites, each unique and gorgeous, with its own private bathroom. For even more photos of Quinta Minuvida and its grounds, click here.
An added bonus is spending time with a very special and friendly resident - the dog Moo!
All meals are included, and will be nourishing, fresh, and delicious, so that you can get a true taste of Azorean fare. Our home, Quinta Minuvida, is located on an orchard - feel free to wander around and pick delicious fresh fruits and vegetables. Most dietary restrictions can be easily accommodated, please email Kristin at email@example.com if you have questions about this.
Our fast-paced digital lifestyle is draining us more than ever before. Unplug from your daily grind for a week, and truly recharge your body, mind, and soul. Whether it's with nature, with yourself, or with like-minded people, this retreat offers you the opportunity for true connection.
- 6 Nights / 7 Days lodging at Quinta Minuvida, a unique orchard lodge surrounded by gardens, fruit orchards (help yourself!), a saltwater pool and plenty of private areas for relaxation
- Three locally sourced meals daily, some at Quinta Minuvida and some out at nearby restaurants (one optional alcoholic beverage provided at each dinner)
- Two group excursions to some of the island's best hikes, relaxing hot springs, local towns, and a wine tasting - including all guides and transportation
- Daily rejuvenating yoga classes with Jen - all levels welcome!
- Roundtrip airport transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL) to Quinta Minuvida and back (about a 15 minute ride each way).
What's Not Included:
- Airfare to Ponta Delgada (PDL) - We will provide you with information on which exact flights to book. Currently, they are under $500.
- Additional alcoholic beverages (one provided with each dinner)
- Additional excursions or cab rides
Our days will include the following activities and sites:
- An orchard tour by the owners of Quinta Minuvida, Joao & Rimi
- An excursion to Furnas, including a hike, picnic lunch, and soaking in amazing hot springs
- An excursion to Sete Cidades with a gorgeous hike (alert: epic views!), a wine tasting, and a visit to points west on Sao Miguel island
- Evening dinner excursions in neighboring towns, with time to explore new places!
- Walking on canadas, old farming roads, including one optional walk to a nearby Chocolate Factory
- Optional massages at Quinta Minuvida
- Optional visit to Caldeira Velha, a beautiful natural park and hot spring
- Free time for optional outdoor activities for the true adventure junkies ~ canyoning, whale & dolphin watching, mountain biking, surfing, etc.
Your Retreat Leader
Jen Wyatt is a lover of all things travel, nature, exploration, and adventure. She is a seeker of new experiences, a lover of connection and community, and of course, an avid yogini and yoga teacher. She has been exploring in nature and traveling since she was a child, spent five years working for the international travel company called EF (Education First), and has spent the last six years working as an elementary teacher in Boston Public Schools. She's been practicing yoga for 10 years, and teaching it to others for two. Jen understands the importance of making time for play, adventure, and connection, and knows that YOU NEED THIS TIME to unplug, recharge, and get back to your truest most alive version of yourself.
- Shared Two-Bedroom Suite (3-4 people per suite) - €1550 per person (Approx. $1850)
- Double Occupancy - €1640 per person (Approx. $1960)
- Single Occupancy - €2080 per person (Approx. $2485)
A 500 EURO non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot on this retreat. The balance is due 120 days prior to departure.
Need a payment plan? Let's work out an individual plan that works for you and your finances.
Only one private room left!
We anticipate this retreat selling out very quickly, so sign up ASAP to ensure your space and confirm your preferred accommodation type.
Photo credits: Quinta Minuvida (all venue and meal photos), Solseed Retreats, and Jen Wyatt Yoga
Where to next!?
Where would you like to go? What sort of experiences are you looking for? What activities are your favorite? I'd love to hear from you and we'll try to make it happen!