Acadia National Park, Maine
Women's Wellness Weekend on the Schoodic Pensinsula | September 14-16, 2018
Physical fitness, yoga and music in a secluded setting on the rocky coast of Maine…can it get much better than that? Ellie of Venture Outside and Jen of Wander Free Wellness are pleased to offer this unique and special holistic and restorative wellness retreat experience for women at the perfect location for recharging your body, mind, and spirit September 14-16, 2018!
The Schoodic Peninsula is the “quiet” corner of Acadia National Park, known for its pounding surf, incredible sunsets, and soft spruce-fir cloaked landscape. With miles of hiking and mountain bike trails, a rugged shoreline of both quiet coves and rugged headlands, and miles of quiet paved park road, the Schoodic peninsula in Acadia N.P. provides the perfect setting for this retreat. In partnership with Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park, this retreat is held entirely within the park, and based from the Institute’s beautiful campus.
We invite you to reconnect to the power of your body by focusing on your physical fitness and well-being. We’ll choose from two activities and bike, hike, and paddle over this two day weekend retreat. We balance physical activity with just the right amount of reflection during and between outdoor excursions. In addition to the outdoor nature-based activities, you’ll practice yoga daily to balance body and spirit, and be treated to restorative and entertaining music performances and chanting.
Explore and immerse yourself in the uninterrupted landscape of green forest, blue ocean, bold shoreline, and big sky. Find healing and inspiration by connecting with nature through simple meditations and interpretive “nature stops.”
About the venue: We will stay in Schoodic Institute's comfortable apartments! Schoodic Institute is not open to the public and is in an unimaginably beautiful setting! Schoodic Institute will provide all the delicious, homemade breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the weekend's retreat.
Guides: Jen Wyatt, Yoga and Mindfulness Instructor
Ellie Osborn, Maine Guide and Musician
Cost: $460 All-Inclusive (all accommodations, meals, daily yoga, and activities)
The Azores Islands, Portugal
Adventure to the Azores: A Mindfulness & Hiking Retreat | October 14-21, 2018
The Portuguese Azores Islands are a magical, volcanic land, full of natural, raw beauty, a temperate climate and endless outdoor activities. They are located in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1,000 miles off the coast of Portugal! Truly an adventure lovers paradise, and under 5 hours from Boston.
We will be opening enrollment shortly! Stay tuned for all kinds of new goodies on this next iteration of Adventure to the Azores!
Here's what you can expect:
Our journey will take us on hikes to some of the most incredible epic vistas on the island, soaks in natural hot springs, and exploration of neighboring towns and beaches. You'll also have free time for your own adventure or exploration. For those real outdoor enthusiasts, flights on SATA/Azores Airlines include a free piece of checked sporting gear - so you can take a surfboard or a bike along for free!
Every day will include one or two optional all-levels yoga classes led by Jen & Anne, including a daily morning flow and several evening yin & restorative slow flow classes. Jen's style is lighthearted, playful, and accessible for all levels. She's worked with students from first-timers to advanced yogis, and will modify to make sure your body feels good! She also loves to include fun Yoga Mixtapes in some of her classes, so bring your smile and your party pants.
Never tried yoga? It's a great time to get outside your comfort zone and try something new. Or just skip it and take some free time ~ this is your trip!
A Gorgeous Venue
There will also be plenty of time for relaxation amongst the beautiful orchards of Quinta Minuvida, our home for the week. Our accommodations feature lovingly renovated suites, each unique and gorgeous, with its own private bathroom. For even more photos of Quinta Minuvida and its grounds, click here.
An added bonus is spending time with a very special and friendly resident - the dog Moo!
All meals are included, and will be nourishing, fresh, and delicious, so that you can get a true taste of Azorean fare. Our home, Quinta Minuvida, is located on an orchard - feel free to wander around and pick delicious fresh fruits and vegetables.
Our fast-paced digital lifestyle is draining us more than ever before. Unplug from your daily grind for a week, and truly recharge your body, mind, and soul. Whether it's with nature, with yourself, or with like-minded people, this retreat offers you the opportunity for true connection.
- 6 Nights / 7 Days lodging at Quinta Minuvida, a unique orchard lodge surrounded by gardens, fruit orchards (help yourself!), a saltwater pool and plenty of private areas for relaxation
- Three locally sourced meals on most days, with a few lunches on your own Some of our meals are home-cooked by the owners of Quinta Minuvida and some are out at nearby restaurants (one optional alcoholic beverage provided at each dinner)
- Two group excursions to some of the island's best hikes, relaxing hot springs, local towns, and a wine tasting - including all guides and transportation
- Daily rejuvenating yoga classes with Jen & Anne - all levels welcome!
- Roundtrip airport transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL) to Quinta Minuvida and back (about a 15 minute ride each way).
What's Not Included:
- Airfare to Ponta Delgada (PDL) - We will provide you with information on which exact flights to book. Currently, they are under $500.
- Additional alcoholic beverages (one provided with each dinner)
- Additional excursions or cab rides
Our days will include the following activities and sites:
- An orchard tour by the owners of Quinta Minuvida, Joao & Rimi
- An excursion to Furnas, including a hike, picnic lunch, and soaking in amazing hot springs
- An excursion to Sete Cidades with a gorgeous hike (alert: epic views!), a wine tasting, and a visit to points west on Sao Miguel island
- Evening dinner excursions in neighboring towns, with time to explore new places!
- Walking on canadas, old farming roads, including one optional walk to a nearby Chocolate Factory
- Optional massages at Quinta Minuvida
- Optional visit to Caldeira Velha, a beautiful natural park and hot spring
- Free time for optional outdoor activities for the true adventure junkies ~ canyoning, whale & dolphin watching, mountain biking, surfing, etc.
Your Retreat Leaders
Jen Wyatt is a lover of all things travel, nature, exploration, and adventure. She is a seeker of new experiences, a lover of connection and community, and of course, an avid yogini and yoga teacher. She has been exploring in nature and traveling since she was a child, spent five years working for the international travel company called EF (Education First), and has spent the last six years working as an elementary teacher in Boston Public Schools. She's been practicing yoga for 10 years, and teaching it to others for two. Jen understands the importance of making time for play, adventure, and connection, and knows that YOU NEED THIS TIME to unplug, recharge, and get back to your truest most alive version of yourself.
An adventurous and playful yogi at heart, Anne is a 500-hour certified yoga teacher who loves to share the teachings of yoga on and off the mat. Anne has always been drawn to nature and travel. One of her favorite trips was cycling across the state of Wisconsin and offering yoga classes to other participants at night. She studied abroad in Rome, spent a year teaching science in Thailand, hiked to Everest basecamp, and spent a month learning yoga at an ashram in India. Anne knows that often times things don't work out according to plan, but it's in the discoveries we learn along the way we get to know the beauty of ourselves and world. Anne has been teaching yoga since 2009, holds a degree in Biology and Psychology, and believes in yoga's inherent benefit for wholistic wellbeing for all.
Details coming soon!
We anticipate this retreat selling out very quickly ~ sign up below to be notified when enrollment opens to ensure your space and confirm your preferred accommodation type.
Photo credits: Quinta Minuvida (all venue and meal photos), Solseed Retreats, and Jen Wyatt Yoga
Where to next!?
Where would you like to go? What sort of experiences are you looking for? What activities are your favorite? I'd love to hear from you and we'll try to make it happen!